It’s the night before an important event: a big exam, a major presentation, your wedding. How do you calm your nerves in preparation for the big day?
Big Exam – It simply felt like a formality to feel educated under the education system.
Major Presentation – Give me a break. I’d rather work in private, research on the topic concerned, then start on creating it. Nonetheless, it’s nothing big.
A Wedding – Impossible (I’m still single, and haven’t experienced it yet. :P)
For me, an important event would consider things like changing the fate of our planet, saving a life, or work on something to make the world a better place.
The other day, a baby squirrel of about 3-4 weeks had lost itself around the house. It was born in a loft above the bathroom ceiling, and, unknown to all the members of the house, fell on the kitchen floor in the middle of the night. By noon, the baby squirrel was found in the balcony of the living room, which squeaked and hopped around everywhere in a desperate attempt to get away.
Unable to get a good grip, it fell each time while making an attempt. As I tried to calm it down, and brush my fingers over its fur, it would pop out and jump in fear of what I might do to him.
After half an hour, I managed to get the squirrel inside a bottle of Bournvita (1 kg) when it attempted to climb along the corner of the wall and fell straight inside. Along the course, It had climbed over me, on to my hands and head, and gotten on my back, ready to jump beyond the gallery into the depth of death. Nonetheless, I ducked down so he fell back inside.
The moment he jumped into the bottle, it curled itself up, eyes staring outside the translucent walls of the bottle.
Few minutes later, after I went downstairs, I got the squirrel out after constantly tapping over the bottle. He seemed to have become comfortable inside, I guess.
Once outside and at the ground level, I stood there for a minute or two, when it started to walk around and head back towards the building wall to climb on. As I thought and took a step ahead to push the baby squirrel towards the other grown-ups, one of them came down a tree and groomed him.
I stood watching the reunion for a couple of minutes. The grown-up squirrel picked the baby, the latter holding itself around the mouth with its hands, legs and tail, and climbed the nearest tree.
Now, where in the world would such important events have a night before to realise such a thing was going to occur the next day. Of course, it was expected that some day, a baby squirrel would fall into our house. Those squirrels have found a really good spot in our house after all.
I wouldn’t be surprised for any such thing called as a ‘Big Day Ahead’, unless I knew of such life-changing events about to occur in my life.
Refer to several similar entries of the same daily prompt on the next page:
- Sugar-coating Since ’91Music, As Expected
- From Balderdash To Epiphany.Calm Before The Storm
- gut honest faithNo way!!!
- Chapter Thirty ConfessionsBig Day Ahead
- ….on pets and prisoners…..daily prompt: big day ahead
- psychologistmimiDream a little lucid dream to calm the nerves down: Although Walter Mitty I am not
- Takeshi’s FlightReleasing Mental Breakdown
- Vexing PointBig Day Ahead
- Passion through PoetryButterfly Tummy
- Saya..D Poet…Confessions and Daily Prompt
- tnkerr-Writing Prompts and PracticeBig Day Ahead
- Rubber Tyres –> Smooth RidesBig Day Ahead: Night before
- The Journal of a Beautiful MindStaying Calm
- Rideo, Ergo SuperoPrepare, then Walk
- life as sirliToo nervous to sleep
- Ginger MusingsNerves; Wrecked
- thedarkerandshadierA day before storm
- Pepper ConnectionMy Biggest Day Preparations
- Just Writing!Prepare, Plan, Perform!
- Active Army WifeAnticipation
- a Portia Adams adventureBig Day Ahead
- Awake & DreamingBefore A Big Day Ahead Of You
- (A Day in the Life) Un Giorno Nella VitaBig Day Ahead
- Chronicles of an Anglo SwissBig Day Ahead – What difference does a day make?
- A Penny For Her ThoughtsBig Day Ahead
- The Lark’s RoostEvery Hour is Sacred
- My Simple LifeExam Day
- I’m a Writer, Yes I AmThere’s NO Way to Calm the Nerves
- Raspberry’s DaydreamsWhen the Butterflies panic..
- Love to UnravelBig Day Ahead
- The Undaunted Blue Madness Of My LifeNERVOUS BRAIN
- ExposurePlenty of….
- My journey to qualify for the Boston Marathon…and everything in between…Prompt: Big Day Ahead
- A Nameless SpaceSmiling Nausea
- You are feeling very sleepy …. – Vintage 1956
- MC’s WhispersGoosfraba
- The Daily BlabberBig Test
- Charla FarmingtonBig Day Ahead
- GelatinousDaily Prompt- preparing for a big day
- a Shrinking VioletLet It Be As It Was Suppose To Be
- simplygiselleI’m good enough, smart enough….
- hobilariRegular Exercise is the best preparation
- Jen Online NowThe Big Day Ahead
- Neko’s DelusionsEverything in one.
- Shooting StarNerves-lock?
- River of Life FlowsBig Day Ahead
- SERENDIPITYREADY – ON YOUR MARK – GET SET … VACATION!
- lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-BrownCollege Daze
- Dreamer GirlHow I Cope With Stress: Exams
- Prairie ViewsBig Day Ahead
- As I See ItRed Sky
- Starts at FiftyThe Big Game
- All Things Cute and BeautifulBeing Prepared!
- you ain’t special
- The World According to RylandHow I Got My Boyfriend a Job
- iPhotographyCan you see me?
- The Wandering PoetResponse to today’s DP – Big day – Never far..
- Creo SomniumThe day before the big day (And a little about the big day)
- Thank You, Great SpiritBig Day Ahead
- My Book SelfMy BIG Day!
- You-can PostsThe Wedding Day!
- Philosophy 1.0Condition the Mind-Nail that interview
- tylershepard1991How do I handle stress for exams
- Steps Times TwoNot the Way I Pictured It
- The Essence Of Being MelancholyDaily Post – Big Day Ahead (Keep Calm)
- LongMondaysThe evening before chaos unfolds
- bhalsopBig Day Ahead
- That Saucy TartStep Away From The Biscuit
- Pippakin Talks Cats, Dogs, Teeth and ClawsDaily Post – Big Day Ahead?
- Flowers and BreezesBig Day Ahead
- yi can attest –
- The chiseled frogBlessed, not stressed.
- djgarcia94Do Work
- My Last Year in EducationBig First Steps
- endeavourBig Day Ahead
- Ramblings of a College IntrovertSleep It Off
- U Be CuteTo Err is Genius!
- Mothering in the New EraWhen It Feels Big…
- TidlidimDaily Prompt – Big Day Ahead
- stream of consciousness
- stream of consciousnessBIG DAY AHEAD
- The Gad About TownStop Stressing Me Out!
- A lot from LydiaTo Cope
- katiefinger.combubble baths and books
- My Decade Long TravelsIs landing in a new airport considered?
- this is my journeyFuture Wedding Bells
- MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHONerves? What nerves?
- A Just Man Is Hard to FindShiver Me Timbers, It’s Jack!
- eastelmhurst.a.go.gohere comes your nineteenth nervous breakdown
- helen meikle’s scribblefestDaily prompt: Deal or no deal
- Retirement LifestyleBig Day Ahead
- NomaderwhatWhat can you do
- INSPIRING MAXBig Day Ahead
- The Tidiness ProjectThe power of a list
- Positivatude ~!Quieting the Internal Obnoxious
- Lemon Lime FolliesChasing Rabbits
- ~axe~why~zet~~The ability to be nervous
- cockatooscreechingMe? Nervous?
- soul n spiritI Get Up And Move
- Random Acts of SnarkBig Day Ahead
- The Quirky Life of PLepidopterans in the stomach
- BETTER BLOGGING AT WORDPRESSBig Day Ahead
- Basically Beyond BasicBig Day Ahead
- samarahillmanA Big Day Ahead
- Row, Row, Row My Boat!My nerves